Summary- If you are looking for a way to export Lotus Notes calendar to Google, then you are landed on the right page. Basically, here in this blog, we are going to discuss the best possible way to transfer Lotus Notes calendar data to Gmail
Well, we all know that Gmail is an extensively popular web-based email service that is used for both personal and commercial purposes. Overall, it has a simple interface that is packed with a slew of excellent features. Above all, Google Calendar takes the top spot because it allows users to quickly keep track of activities and share the calendar with coworkers.
Moreover, calendar can be used to set reminders and send invitations to the appropriate recipients. A person with access to the calendar can also make changes to it. There are times when an IBM Notes user needs to import the Lotus Notes calendar to Google calendar. This could be due to a variety of factors, including the need to manage all of the calendar entries, i.e., both Lotus Notes calendar and Google calendar in a single interface, or due to security reasons.
Reasons to Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Google
- One can access Google Calendar on any device because nowadays most of the portable devices running the Android operating system which support all the Google services.
- Google is the free service and Lotus Notes is paid service
- Many users moving all their data from Lotus Notes to Google platform hence they want to transfer the data Lotus Calendar to Google.
Now, after knowing the reasons let’s move toward the procedure to export HCL Notes calendar data to Google Calendar.
Manually Way to Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Google
Well, if you are looking for a free method to complete this task then there is free manual method available. But the manual method is basically a two-step procedure in which you must first export the Lotus Notes calendar entries to ICS format. Second, add the Lotus Notes ICS file to your Google calendar.
Step First- Export Calendar to ICS Format
1. To begin, run the IBM Notes program on the machine and select the Calendar option.
2. Now, select View from the drop-down menu, followed by Calendar Entries from the list.
3. To export the needed calendar entries, go to the File menu and pick the Export option.
4. After that, choose where you want to store the resulting file by stating the file name, and then, under Save as Type, choose Calendar File (.ics)
5. After you’ve completed the required entries, click the Export option to sync Lotus Notes calendar to Google calendar.
Step Second – Import IBM Notes ICS File to Google Calendar
After exporting the Lotus Notes calendar to ICS format, it is time to import the Lotus Notes calendar into Google Calendar.
1. To begin, go to Google Calendar, then Settings, and then Import & Export.
2. After that, click the Import option to import the produced Lotus Notes calendar in ICS file format.
3. Finally, you can access IBM Notes calendar items in Google Calendar.
Well, the above method is free and you don’t have to spend a single penny for exporting Lotus Notes calendar to Google. But the above process is a bit complicated and you have to spend lots of time to complete the task. And also there is a chance that you may lose data integrity. So, to make the task easy in the upcoming section we are going to discuss the bet approach to complete the task.
Professional Way to Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Google
SysTools NSF Converter is the tool that can easily export multiple Lotus Notes calendar data to Google calendar. It is one of the most reliable and safe methods for exporting Lotus Notes calendar data to ICS format. Including this, the program also can export Lotus Notes mailbox data into a variety of file formats, including EML, MSG, MBOX, and PDF.
In addition, it can also give the option to convert Lotus Notes to contacts to vCard. And also provide various features to preserve data integrity.
Also Read: How to Backup Lotus Notes Emails?
1. First, download and install the program on your machine.
2. Open the tool, choose the Select NSF Files(s) radio option, and then click the Add File(s) or Add Folder to NSF Files button.
3. Choose ICS from the Export Format drop-down menu.
4. Select Calendar under Select Categories.
5. Select Maintain Folder Hierarchy and other advanced options from the Advance Conversion Options menu.
6. To save the calendar data, select the Destination location.
7. Finally, select the Export option to export the Lotus Notes calendar to ICS format.
8. Once the calendar data is convertred to the ICS format yo can easily iport it to Google Calender by using above import methos.
Why this Software is Best Option
As previously stated, the manual method has limitations, but this software overcomes all of them while also providing some amazing features such as:
- Lotus Notes emails, contacts, and calendars may be converted into several file formats.
- Maintaining folder structure has been made easier, as has HTML formatting and Internet headers.
- Allow for the conversion of the canonical name to SMTP format.
- To store the transformed data, use the Multiple Naming Convention option.
- There is an option to convert Lotus Notes data directly from the Domino Server.
Whatever the cause for this conversion, If you are seeking a technique to export Lotus Notes calendar to Google, we have reviewed the best two methods in this write-up. So, depending on your needs, you can select any of the strategies described above and complete your task.